Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cheating Women

I have noticed that the number of women who cheat on their husbands or boyfriends portrayed in movies and television shows has recently increased and seems disproportionate to statistics and my own experiences. Some examples include Unfaithful, Carrie from Sex and the City, Nicco on Lipstick Jungle, Celia on Weeds and so many others ….
I have never met or known anyone who knows a woman who has admitted to cheating on their husbands or boyfriends. However I have known firsthand and met people who know firsthand women who had been cheated on by their husband or boyfriend.
I tried to find statistics online on infidelity. I was unable to find one up to date reliable source. Most sources said that men cheat more often than women and others said the numbers were about equal amongst men and women. I would be interested to find a reliable source. It just seems I have seen the cheating woman too often in TV and film.

No comments: